Answered Mobs not spawning and other small problems.

Discussion in 'Quest / Script Help' started by Urchint, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Urchint Becoming a Quester

BTW I actually do have a MySQL server on my server host, I just have no idea how to go about setting it up with minecraft and such.
  2. robxu9 Head Developer

Oh, I thought you were using MySQL. Can you switch your statistics.type to either h2 or mysql?

I think I'll go back to H2 as default...
  3. Urchint Becoming a Quester

Well I was originally using H2 then switched it over to SQLite, so neither of those work. I would love to switch it to MySQL if I knew how exactly... heh..

I tried to use MySQL with the information my server host gave me but it didn't seem to connect and I got errors - they give me a host, name, username, and a password. Maybe I entered some information in the wrong place or something I'm not sure. Any advice would be welcome lol.
  4. robxu9 Head Developer

Again, server logs? Can you please upload them?
  5. Urchint Becoming a Quester

If you really want, they literally say nothing, there are no errors. But here ya go anyways, hope it helps.

6. robxu9 Head Developer

Can you switch back to H2 and try it again? Because if you do, I can read your database file and see what's going wrong.
  7. Urchint Becoming a Quester

Sure, what exactly do you want me to post for ya?
  8. robxu9 Head Developer

In plugins/MineQuest, there should be a minequest_h2.h2.db. Can you upload that file?
  9. Urchint Becoming a Quester

Here ya go

Attached Files:

10. robxu9 Head Developer

I got an empty database...?

That might explain why nothing is saving - nothing was in the database.
    Was that just created by the MineQuest plugin? Because in that case, I have to investigate that.
  11. robxu9 Head Developer

12. robxu9 Head Developer

eep. nope. turns out I didn't open the db correctly. I see all of it... And I see a quest, "pvearena1", that's currently active in the world... Interesting.

Time to look again.
  13. robxu9 Head Developer

You can open up plugins/MineQuest/config.properties and change:

statistics.type=mysql
    statistics.pass=<password they give you>
    statistics.host=<host they give you before the semicolon>
    statistics.name=<name they give you>
    statistics.port=<port, or host after the semicolon>
    statistics.user=<username they give you>
  14. Urchint Becoming a Quester

they don't actually give me a port for the MySQL, should I just use the server IPs port number?
  15. robxu9 Head Developer

If they don't give you a port, use 3306.
  16. Urchint Becoming a Quester

Thanks for that, MySQL is now set up and the database works fine. Though I would still highly recommend fixing the database for H2 and SQLite so other people don't have the same initial problem.
  17. robxu9 Head Developer

Glad to hear that MySQL works!

Yeah, H2 is for development purposes... and sqlite? No. Just no. We've always advised MySQL for production as it's much more stable.
  18. Urchint Becoming a Quester

It should still work though, you don't want a broken feature, specially one that's default and actually pretty important because some people don't use MySQL. Or at least put a segment in the main bukkit page informing downloaders about it.
  19. robxu9 Head Developer

I'll put it in the README and probably in big bold lettes on the main Bukkit page.
  20. Urchint Becoming a Quester

Thank you for being so helpful btw