Open Some feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by squeezer, Nov 5, 2012.

1. squeezer Starting Out

Hi there,

I have a couple of feature requests:
    1. event for grant/revoke permission groups - e.g. do a starters quest and become a member
    2. event for revoke permissions - e.g. grant sb. temp access to specific portal during a quest
    3. ability to interact with NPCs - e.g. talk to them/kill them/spawn them/... during a quest
    4. event for taking away specific items from inventory - e.g. deliver quests
    5. world overlapping quests - e.g. do this in world a, travel to world b, ....
    6. custom item support - get custom items as reward (nevermind, can be done with commands), place custom items, ... (e.g. Morematerials)
    7. more to come...
    I also have a question:
    What are targets about? Haven't seen examples where sb. used them and could not figure out how they work.

kind regards
  2. Echobob Developer

1 and 2 - These are possible using the reward command or reward permission events. Simply set up a reward command to grant the player that permission and then another one to remove it.

3 - Already underway.

4 - Is a bit difficult to do. I will have to get back to you on this one.

5 - Again is a bit difficult with how the quest currently work. I will have to get back to you on this one as well.

Targets aren't totally finished but are used to target specific players, or entire parties, and use targeted events on them.
  3. squeezer Starting Out

thx for the quick reply.

had a look at reward command and probably misunderstood it's function (because of the description on the quest helper website).
    this event will execute an command, right? is there an placeholder for the questers name? because i would need this for pex commands, e.g. "/pex user PLAYER group set member".

regards
  4. Echobob Developer

Yeah the description is the same as Reward Permission for some reason (I will try to get that fixed). You would word that as

pex user %p group set member

The %p should be replaced by the players name automatically. Also note the "/" is not present.
  5. squeezer Starting Out

i'll give it a try later on. thx!

edited first post (headword #6).
  6. chewdri Starting Out

Is it possible to integrate Custom object (make with spoutcraft) in collectevent ?